As our time in KL comes to an end, my mind wanders to Texas more and more. Going home will be bitter-sweet. I am going to miss seeing the people that I’ve loved on, been encouraged by and gotten to know better with each week that passes, but I am excited to get back to the people and “little things” in Texas that I’ve been missing. I’ve been making a mental list of the things I’m eager to do when I get back and I’ve written them below, in no particular order (except for the first three):
- Squeeze my family until my arms hurt.
- See the faces and hear the voices of my friends clearly. Skype has been great, but I prefer up close and personal relationships to virtual ones. I’d like to squeeze my friends as well.
- Celebrate the power and goodness of the Lord as I worship Him with my faith family at The Village Church.
- Laugh with friends and/or family as I sip on a margarita and inhale table side guacamole at Anamia’s. Deep thought: It would take serious talent to laugh, sip and inhale at the same time, so I guess I’ll have to focus on one at a time.
- Take in deep breaths of clean air as I go for a long run.
- Sweat at Camp Gladiator.
- Leisurely browse the aisles at Central Market.
- Sit on a couch.
- Eat Blue Bell ice cream.
- Walk barefoot in the grass.
- Cook my own meal with boneless, skinless chicken breast and fresh vegetables.
- Take a drive with the windows down and music up.
- Enjoy cold (Texas-cold) weather.
- Play with my nieces. Shout out: Anna turned 1 year old today! Happy birthday, Anna Animal!
I’m smiling just thinking about this list…