It’s hard to believe I’ve already been here for 12 weeks! We’ll head out early Sunday morning for our 5 day trek up to the Kimberley region. We’ll spend a total of 5 weeks in the Kimberley, visiting at least 5 different communities. Internet connections will be limited, so I won’t be taking my computer with me. It sounds like we’ll spend most of our time with the kids in the communities, playing sports, making crafts and playing games.
- For safety as we travel as well as in the communities where we’ll be serving. We’ll spend 4 full days driving up, and we’ve been warned about poisonous/deadly snakes, frogs, spiders and crocodiles. 🙂
- Unity: A lot of things have changed within our group over the last week – 3 of our team members set out for Russia and one of our team members had to go back home. We also found out that we will be combining with another DTS and will be with them over the course of the 5 weeks. We’ve spent 12 weeks bonding and it seems like everything has unraveled at the last minute. However, I know that God’s hand is over our group and He is in charge of everything.
- Softening of hearts of the people we’ll be working with.
- Sharpening of our spirits as we walk into places with a heavy atmosphere. That we would have God’s perspective on each situation and we would know how to respond.
- Special relationships to form and many opportunities to share and tell about God’s love and His desire to be in relationship with each one of the people we meet.